Procedure to marry a girl of a different nationality by IFS officer?
I am an IFS (Indian Foreign Services) officer and I wish to marry a foreign national.
What is the procedure that I am required to follow for marrying a girl of a different nationality?
Clause 8(1) of the Indian Foreign Service (conduct and discipline) Rules, 1986 says no member of the service shall marry any person other than an Indian citizen "without the prior permission in writing of the government".Officers who intend to marry foreign nationals have made a written application to the foreign secretary and give the government one year to reply.
Clause 8(3) says, "If a member of the service contracts marriage with a person other than an Indian citizen without obtaining prior written permission, he shall be liable to be removed from the service."
The rules further state that the government reserves the right to refuse permission if it feels to marriage will hinder proper performance of the duties of the member of the service.
Click here to find the best Civil lawyer in your city.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Sister in law harassing family what can I do
- SEBI registration rejected - Is giving unauthorized advice illegal
- claiming child's custody
- Restitution petition rejected. it was rejected. Now can i file divorce
- FIR number wrongly mentioned in bail application