Procedure to file a mutual divorce petiton in India
Me and wife are not living to stay together any more we want a mutual consent divorce how and where can we file for a mutual consent divorce?
If you and your spouse have reached an understanding with regard to the terms and conditions of the divorce in respect of maintenance amount,child custody,property division, etc., you can file a petition for mutual consent divorce in the district family court.The petition for mutual consent divorce shall be drafted based on the terms and conditions decided between the two of you.
Petition for mutual consent divorce can be filed at any of the following place:-
- Place where marriage had taken place
- Place where husband and wife last resided together.
- Place where wife is residing at the time of filing of the petition.
As per the Hindu Marriage Act such petition can be moved jointly by both the parties under Section 13B of the Act on the grounds that:
- have been living separately for a period of one year or more,
- have not been able to live together and
- have mutually agreed that the marriage should be dissolved.
The Court shall then record the joint statement of the parties and pass a first motion order giving a time period of 6 months to the parties to resolve their dispute, but in case the parties are unable to resolve the issues within the stipulated time, the Court shall pass a decree of Divorce.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can the Employer stop me from starting the same business after leaving
- Is audit necessary if detailed scrutiny has already taken place
- Purchased property together now friend denying my share in property
- baby born in extra marital affair custody of the child and maintenance
- Harassed by husband how can I file for divorce