Procedure for Mutual Divorce
How long it take in case for mutual divorce? Facing hardship in marriage and not able resolve issues, would like to go for legal solution for it. We both are working in same profession.
Under Hindu Marriage Act, divorce by mutual consent can be obtained from a family court having a competent jurisdiction. As both of you are working the issue of maintenance to be paid to wife may not arise.
Both of you would be required to submit consent terms and conditions to the court. A settlement with or without certain amount can be agreed upon.
The requirement is to stay separately for 1 year. However, if appropriate reasons are cited and both the parties agree the court usually are benevolent in granting divorce within few months.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- No reply from company regarding my full and final settlement
- Divorce case in family court but lawyer is not doing his work properly
- Married to cousin in temple now denying to marriage what can I do
- Builder delayed possession can i file a case against him
- Brother arrested on suspect of fraudulent activity. How to get him out