prenuptial agreement- signed before marriage
My wife was on the verge of getting divorce... It had been amicably solved... Soon the situation may arise near future or later becos i know about her aggressive character and selfishness... We spent the complete expenses of the marriage without a singel penny out of their pocket.. Still she doesn't satisfied.. Basically she is lazy and dont-care kind of girl.... Before she makes another issuess i want to settle everything in paper properly... I mean I am gonna ask their family what we given them so far and likewise we are happy to pen down what they gave to us.... I dont want to get into trouble as well as my family after we spent more on this marriage... They may lie we gave this much and we didn't do anything. Please tell me what is the right procedure to do that ? Is this idea called pre-nup agreement?
Prenuptial agreement, as the name itself is suggestive, is made before the marriage takes place. It cannot be made subsequent to marriage. It is highly unlikely that your wife and/or her family members will give any written acknowledgment of the expenses incurred by both the families on performing marriage, as by doing so they will foreclose some of their legal rights.
At this stage there is nothing viable that can be done by you. If your wife files a case against you in future you will get an opportunity to contest it on merits. And if you are on the verge of divorce get consent terms drafted by lawyer . the said consent terms must contain clauses regarding return of streedhan, maintenance, alimony, custody of children etc.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Restaurants with same names should I change mine
- Deduction in wage due to missing from workspace
- How to defend cheque bounce case where payment already made in cash?
- Company pressurizing for old work profile even after doctors advice.
- Physical Torture by my Wife and threatening to commit suicide