my mother-in-law harassing me. What can i do?
Sir my father in law and mother in law harassing me so much, they took all my dowry money and gold and given it to my brother in law, they always insult my parents and ask for more dowry money, and they take my husband complete salary and they won't allow me him to spend money for me,my all expenses are beared by my parents, and my mother in law orders me to do all house hold work, when iam pregnant also she ordered me to do all house hold work, she won't allow my husband to talk with me my husband afraid for his parents we have 3 months daughter but still they won't allow us savings. what to do?
We suggest you file a police complaint under Section 498a of IPC in nearest police station marking the copy to Women Cell, and file a case of domestic violence act seeking compensation for harassment.
Assuming you are Hindus,
Further, in case you intend to file divorce , then you can do the same by filing divorce petition under Section 13(1) of Hindu Marriage Act on the ground of cruelty.
If you are harassed at the hands of your In-Laws then you can file a Criminal case against them under Section 498A of IPC and also separate complaint under Section 12 of Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 before the Jurisdictional Magistrate Court. If you do not wish to file a case then it is advised to stay away from your In-Laws in a separate house along with your husband and baby.
Advocate Jagadish NAdugodi, Bangalore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Change in selection process can we legally oppose this
- Legal requirements to start web Development training centre
- Step mom selling late father's land w/o giving us share. What to do?
- Delay in construction by builder resulting in monetary loss to buyer
- Can we file for child maintenance if it is been denied for mother