My husband is cheating on me. What are my legal rights?
Married for 7 years. He is cheating on me. What are my legal rights?
It depends on what exactly u want to do. U can file a complaint before the women's cell, u can also lodge a complaint with the local police depending upon the circumstances, u can seek divorce, u can also file a complaint alleging domestic violence. More can be discussed once v discuss the facts in detail.
Advocate Jiwan Pal SinghTis Hazari Court, Delhi
you can seek divorce on this ground as well as invoke your rights under various sections of Indian penal code including u/s 498A. You can file petition under D V Act claiming right of residence/maintenance/compensation etc.You can also file application/petition for maintenance separately.
Advocate Narender Kumar SachdevaKailash Colony, Delhi
You can proceed with file a Complainant at Women cell u/s 498 A,406 . You can file a Complaint for bigamy against your husband .( After confirmation of Cheating ). Apart from that you can also file a petition at family court u/s 125 CRPC for maintenance. For further query contact to us.
Advocate Ravinder TyagiLagpat Nagar-IV, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Lack of service from Kerala SRTC Volvo Bus - Trivandrum to Manipal
- Court ordered for one time settlement with bank no reply from bank
- Not receiving service which was offered
- Restaurant in residential area creating problem people living there
- Whether inherited property is taxable or not