quesMy husband is cheating on me. What are my legal rights?

Married for 7 years. He is cheating on me. What are my legal rights?

  • ansIt depends on what exactly u want to do. U can file a complaint before the women's cell, u can also lodge a complaint with the local police depending upon the circumstances, u can seek divorce, u can also file a complaint alleging domestic violence. More can be discussed once v discuss the facts in detail.

    Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

      Tis Hazari Court, Delhi

  • ansyou can seek divorce on this ground as well as invoke your rights under various sections of Indian penal code including u/s 498A. You can file petition under D V Act claiming right of residence/maintenance/compensation etc.You can also file application/petition for maintenance separately.

    Advocate Narender Kumar Sachdeva

      Kailash Colony, Delhi

  • ansYou can proceed with file a Complainant at Women cell u/s 498 A,406 . You can file a Complaint for bigamy against your husband .( After confirmation of Cheating ). Apart from that you can also file a petition at family court u/s 125 CRPC for maintenance. For further query contact to us.

    Advocate Ravinder Tyagi

      Lagpat Nagar-IV, Delhi

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I got married in 2000, I have two children. Last 7 years we are living…
What is the difference between CAW and Women's Cell? Is that possible to take divorce…

15 years old Marriage, two Son (14, 9 yrs). Mentally unstable wife under treatment at…

Husband is impotent & keeping me in a hope problem will be solved.now after 5…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly