My Australian husband has sent me divorce papers from Australia
I got married to an Australian national in dec 2013 in india. Im am currently staying in India and he is in Australia.
He has initiated divorce proceedings in Austrlia and has sent me the related documents asking me to appear in a months time. i can not fly down to Australia.
what can i do?
Your query is silent on :
1. Where was the marriage solemnized?
2. Did you reside together in Australia?
3. Are you Hindu
4. Was your marriage registered in India.
If the marriage was solemnized in India and you did not stay in Australia with your husband, then your divorce laws will be governed by Indian laws. Please provide the exact and complete facts, so that we can further provide you legal advise.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Builder sold property that is located in a green zone what can be done
- Father received compensation from govt Can he transfer to only 1 son
- Being falsely implicated in a criminal case and feeling helpless now.
- Husband has adulterous relationship with his sister and has left me
- Porn Videos in Memory card in office