quesMy Australian husband has sent me divorce papers from Australia

I got married to an Australian national in dec 2013 in india. Im am currently staying in India and he is in Australia.

He has initiated divorce proceedings in Austrlia and has sent me the related documents asking me to appear in a months time. i can not fly down to Australia.

what can i do?

  • ans

    Your query is silent on :

    1. Where was the marriage solemnized?

    2. Did you reside together in Australia?

    3. Are you Hindu

    4. Was your marriage registered in India.

    If the marriage was solemnized in India and you did not stay in Australia with your husband, then your divorce laws will be governed by Indian laws. Please provide the exact and complete facts, so that we can further provide you legal advise.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

wife talak leneke liye tayyar nahi hai pr husband talak dena chahta ho to..to talak…
I got married a year back. My wife is also working with a private firm.…
Wife left India for studies immediately after marriage and did not return since then she…

I am a married man having the age 49`.I had no children.I had an extra…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly