Mutual divorce alimony not settled. Want to remarry. What to do?
My Bother who is working in Pune was married in 1998 at Lucknow . His wife has left him in 2009 and living with her parents at Lucknow. He filed a petion in rule 9 to bring her and his only son back however, due to difficulty in reaching on every date case got dismissed by opponent. He wish to remarry now and want some settlement from previous marriage. In mutual consent ther demand for money is too high and they are not willing him to meet his son also, What is the recourse when lady is not willing to come back and also not taking interest to divorce.Can he file a case at Pune?
Your brother will be required to file a divorce petition under Section13(1) of Hindu Marriage Act on the grounds of cruelty and desertion . This process is longer and will take approximately 5 years if she contest the divorce.
If she does not contest than, court can pass an exparte decree. Your brother can file this petition within the jurisdiction of Pune as he is currently residing within said jurisdiction.
Further he can also file the case where both the parties last resided together.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Daughter's right in Father's ancestral propert
- Can call recordings of wife by a spy software used in court?
- False case of molestation can i file defamation case if they withdraw
- neighbours claim our boundary surrounding wall it belongs to them
- Wife planning with brothers to kill me. How to protect myself?