mutual consent diversion and alimony
What is the process of filing for mutual consent divorce if wife doesn't want to stay with man and is individual entitled for any alimony for separation?
The mutual consent divorce is filed in two stages. The first motion petition and second motion.
Once first motion is filed and statement given by parties the court grants them six months which is called cooling period.
If after cooling period parties wish to take a divorce a second motion petition is filed and after statement of both parties divorce gets final.
The important aspect in this is arriving at settlement between parties with respect to alimony, child custody, property of shared etc. All this is mutually decided by both parties and filed in court. The court will just approve the terms.
Feel free to revert in case of further clarifications.
Advocate Sonia SainiDwarka, Delhi
Dear Sir, for purpose of obtaining a divorce through mutual consent first both the parties must be in agreement on divorcing, then both move to court, show your mutual consent, court gives time for six months, the mutual consent must survive even then. The question for alimony will depend upon the terms of decree in mutual consent.
Advocate Rakesh ChaurasiaGreater Kailash- I, Delhi
If birth parties are ready for divorce, file a petition in the local Family Court having jurisdiction for divorce by mutual consent under section 13B of Hindu Marriage Act. You'll be called for a hearing and will be granted divorce in the subsequent hearing, provided you have been separated for a year.
Advocate Mishika SinghLajpat Nagar 1, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can I claim property of father in law with no Will left behind
- Recording the call of Amazon customer care while logging complain
- Can I claim property of my grandfather if my father is still alive
- Caste certificate.
- bombay high court case papers as not got any papers for court case