mother in law creating problem in our married life
We have done court marriage on June,2015 & this is our arrange marriage.Till then we have not yet started our married life.My mother in law is not allowing us to stay together.After our court marriage only one time my husband came to meet me,for 2 hrs, that also with his mother.Whenever I make phone call, I have to talk to my mother-in law first & then to my husband.When he talks, that time mother-in law is also seating in front of husband to listen our conversation. Moreover, mother in law is not talking to my parents properly.Husband is also obeying his mother fully.How can i start new life?
Being a legally wedded wife, you can go to his house, no one can stop you entry to the house. You have full rights in you matrimonial house. You take your parents with you while going to their house, if they indulge in any violent acts against you, you may warn them that you will seek police help to solve the problem, despite that if they still insist to drive you away, you may approach a police station locally with a complaint against them for their cruel acts against you including dowry harassments etc and also file a complaint with protection office of your district under domestic violence act.
Before deciding to initiate any legal action which may spoil your married life which is yet to begin, you may rope in the elders for an amicable talks with your husband and his mother and sort the issues if possible, if the efforts fail to evoke any positive response then you may think of legal action/solution this problem.
Advocate T KalaiselvanKosapet, Vellore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Relieving letter for not serving of Notice period
- how can we solve the puzzle to parking in Soceity?
- Took a loan from bank. Interest is way to much. How to settle?
- Is it possible to alleged sec498A to a person twice by the same woman
- Name change in birth certificate of a minor