quesMental harassment by in laws and husband.

I am married since May 2013 and have a baby boy who is one month old. I am a government employee and on maternity leave now a days. My mom in law and husband harass me every day for every single thing in the house, thereby making my life miserable. Actually my mom in law has major influence on my husband n he agrees to whatever wrong she says. Whenever he returns from office she creates one or the other scene and lies to him for petty issues.

She tells lies to him and ignites fight/ arguments between both of us and clearly tells my husband, right infront of me to divorce and remarry. I m really very helpless as I hav got a small child to take care of. Also since my hubby is in a private job n earns less than me, he n my MIL always demand money from me.

Though I always give them the share from my salary still he asks me to transfer the entire amount to him. He doesn't even lets me know where he spends all the money I give him. For the past 10 days I m staying with my parents. Please suggest what should I b doing if they file a case for divorce. I do not want to initiate the same however they are keen on it. They also threat me by saying that he will divorce and I won't get anything, be it money or our child. I m really scared and under severe mental tension, as I am scare of losing my son.

  • ansYou can file complaint under Domestic Violence Act and seek protection order against your husband and your mother in law. You can also file for divorce if your husband does not want to stay with you. No sense in handing over entire salary to mother inlaw/husband. You will get custody of your minor child. You can seek maintenance for your child too.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My sister was pursuing studies(PHD) when she was married. Now she came to stay with…

Sir meri wife dushrey mard se baatey karti hai or milti hai mainey mana kiya…
I m Muslim boy married with Hindu girl by convert her in Muslim marriage under…
We are Muslim. we got married in May2016. she lives in bangalore and is working…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly