ques mental harassment

My in laws asked 20 lac cash, gold ornaments,furniture, and all electronic goods from my parents in form of dowry. My parents were fulfilled all demands but from first day of my marriage my mother in law started abusing me and my parents in front of me for dowry and related goods, she deal me like a servant and didnt allow me to talk my parents, she took all my jewellery and wedding related clothes and goods. I am a working girl so I joined my job back after wedding, then my husband and sister in laws forced me to give my entire salary to either my mother in law or husband. Thay verbally abused and harass me mentally for asking money from my parents, I fulfilled their desire from my salary. When after 2 year of our wedding I got pregnant. Then due to complications related to my pregnancy, I had to give resignation from my job, just after that my husband left me at my parents home, and he is not ready to take any responsibility of me and my child. My in laws also break all contacts with me. They are not ready to bear any expanses related. My husband already took all my savings by saying that he needs money urgently. On contacting them they started abusing me and my family and putting false blame on me and my family that my parents are interfering by letting me stay at their place so better they take my lifetime responsibility. I am suffering from hypertension from their behaviour. After being contacted by my gynaecologist my husband denies to take any responsibility and he has not contacted me from 5 month and he is not answering to my any call.

  • ansIt is really unfortunate to know your case history. Do not worry, if you persevere then guilty can be punished.
    Do visit a local police station and lodge a complaint against your husband and in laws in details about the tortures perpetrated upon you including the demand of dowry.
    On the basis of your complaint , case u/s 498A, 406. 323, 506 IPC can be started.
    Thereafter file case under PWDV Act claiming for maintenance and medical expenses. It will be granted. After these cases of your husband realise his guilt, reforms himself and ask for your forgiveness, you can seriously think of reconciling with him again, at lest for the sake of the child.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have sent couple of legal Notices which were rejected by my wife as I…

How can an NRI couple married in India get Divorce by Mutual consent? My nephew…

My friend is a Hindu by religion. He had to get married under immense family…
Hello. How can be proved that couple is living separately if the wife is still…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly