Married to homosexual guy by fraud. What are my options now?
arranged marriage, after wedding husband is unable to establish sexual relation. Even after repeated questioning refused to to answer. Now the situtaion looks more like that of homosexuality. Please guide what is the legal actuon that can be taken. Its been 7 months since the wedding
the legal action that you can immediately take is to file for divorce on the ground of non-consummation of the marriage and also it can be ground for cruelty. You can seek maintenance in the divorce petition.
Advocate Shikha PandeyGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
Thank you for your query
Instances like yours are very common now a days
Not being able to establish sexual relation is cruelty
Moreover marriage has been done hiding the fact
It is a perfect ground for filing divorce and subsequently relief would be granted
Rest can be discussed on a one to one basis
Advocate Amitesh Singh BakshiDelhi High Court, Delhi
You can file a divorce proceedings on the ground of impotency or homosexuality before the District Court. In case there is a dowry demand, then a criminal action can also be taken.
Advocate Kunal SabharawalPanchsheel Enclave, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- IPC Sec.379 complaint withdrawal.
- Take hold of my property from 30 years (tenure of tenancy) old tenant
- MOU vs Agreement for sale of Property?
- Legal issues in getting permit for bike taxi from RTO in Pune
- Girl threatening me to file a false rape case what can I do