Married in nepal. Marriage not registered in India. Still need divorce
Married for 2 years. The marriage took place in Nepal. Marriage is not registered in India. Do i still need divorce to proceed ahead in life in India?
If you have stayed in india along wit your wife you can file a petition in india and again many things have to be seen like how the marriage was solemnised and again the million dollar question would as to how the marriage was solemnised and for how long did you stay with your spouse and besides there are many other things which are to be considered
Advocate Rajan BhatiaDistrict Court, Tis Hazari, Delhi
Non-registration of marriage alone does not nullify married state. If the couple have lived together with intention and purpose and meaning of marriage then they are 'married' only. If the marriage was solomnized as per rites and rituals then, even if it was not registered it is a valid marriage in the eye of law and if one wants divorce, one has to approach the court of law. Remarriage without taking divorce is illegal and the second marriage is no marriage in the eyes of law also the person may be prosecuted for bigamy. So you still need to proceed with the divorce procedure.
Advocate Mishika SinghLajpat Nagar 1, Delhi
in these circumstances if your marriage is valid according to the law of Nepal than you have to take divorce from your husband but in your circumstances if you have not left indian citizenship and resident of india you can file divorce petition in indian court.
Advocate Yogesh Kumar VidyakarDistrict Court, Dwarka, Delhi
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can I avoid my husband from taking my property? He is not earning.
- How to initiate division of ancestral property
- Physical violence since marriage. Can i file mutual divorce petition?
- Case status say disposed what does this means?
- Filed divorce case how can I get back my flat