Married in Jan 2015. What is the procedure if i want to divorce wife?
I was married on January 2015. I want to divorce my wife and she is also wiling to divorce me. I want to know the procedure for filing for divorce?
If both of you wish to get divorce then as per Hindu Law, One(1) year should be completed as a married couple. And thereafter you both can file a Mutual Divorce Petition wherein court can grant divorce after 6 months of compulsory waiting period.
Advocate Jagadish NAdugodi, Bangalore
you must be have been married for a minimum of 1 year or separated from date of marriage for atleast 1 year, if so then you can apply for divorce by mutual consent, file the petition wait for 6 months and then the court will grant you the divorce.
Advocate Kiran N MurthyIndiranagar, Bangalore
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- FSI on Gaothan property in Mumbai
- can a girl marry another boy after getting engaged
- What action can we take if someone published nude pictures online
- What is the procedure and documents required for charitable trust
- Compensation for termination of employees in private sector