quesMarried in Jan 2015. What is the procedure if i want to divorce wife?

I was married on January 2015. I want to divorce my wife and she is also wiling to divorce me. I want to know the procedure for filing for divorce?

• ansIf both of you wish to get divorce then as per Hindu Law, One(1) year should be completed as a married couple. And thereafter you both can file a Mutual Divorce Petition wherein court can grant divorce after 6 months of compulsory waiting period.

Advocate Jagadish N

Adugodi, Bangalore

• ansyou must be have been married for a minimum of 1 year or separated from date of marriage for atleast 1 year, if so then you can apply for divorce by mutual consent, file the petition wait for 6 months and then the court will grant you the divorce.

Advocate Kiran N Murthy

Indiranagar, Bangalore