Married in Jan 2015. What is the procedure if i want to divorce wife?
I was married on January 2015. I want to divorce my wife and she is also wiling to divorce me. I want to know the procedure for filing for divorce?
If both of you wish to get divorce then as per Hindu Law, One(1) year should be completed as a married couple. And thereafter you both can file a Mutual Divorce Petition wherein court can grant divorce after 6 months of compulsory waiting period.
Advocate Jagadish NAdugodi, Bangalore
you must be have been married for a minimum of 1 year or separated from date of marriage for atleast 1 year, if so then you can apply for divorce by mutual consent, file the petition wait for 6 months and then the court will grant you the divorce.
Advocate Kiran N MurthyIndiranagar, Bangalore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Ancestral property sold to brothers can we take it back
- House made by father registered on mother name can she deny my share
- Property size not as promised. What action can I take against builder?
- can husband give the property to his wife for gift deed?
- Abusive language used by friend on social media what action to take