quesMarried in Jan 2015. What is the procedure if i want to divorce wife?

I was married on January 2015. I want to divorce my wife and she is also wiling to divorce me. I want to know the procedure for filing for divorce?

  • ansIf both of you wish to get divorce then as per Hindu Law, One(1) year should be completed as a married couple. And thereafter you both can file a Mutual Divorce Petition wherein court can grant divorce after 6 months of compulsory waiting period.

    Advocate Jagadish N

      Adugodi, Bangalore

  • ansyou must be have been married for a minimum of 1 year or separated from date of marriage for atleast 1 year, if so then you can apply for divorce by mutual consent, file the petition wait for 6 months and then the court will grant you the divorce.

    Advocate Kiran N Murthy

      Indiranagar, Bangalore

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear sir/madam, I'm married an year ago to a girl who lived with me for…

my brother has filed a case for divorce in siliguri court. respondents are belonging to…
My DV case is pending in court for almost 8 years now. Written closing arguments…
she is saying we used bad words and asked for divorce and informed informed their…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly