Married in Delhi, husband in agra. Can i file alimony case in kolkata?
I want to file a maintenance case against my husband who is in agra. Me and my husband got married in delhi and stayed there for a while. Now i am in kolkata and my husband is in agra. I want to know if i can file a maintenance case in kolkata itself? I also have a 5 yr old child.
Yes you can file the case in Kolkata if your parents are residing there.
As per Hindu law you can file a case only where, marriage was soleminised or lastly couple was reside.
Advocate Akhil VermaKarkarduma, Delhi
Yes you can file in Kolkata
Advocate Arjun Vinod BobdeSupreme Court of India, Delhi
You can. File the case in Kolkata if your parents are residing there.
Advocate Ritesh IsaacBengali Market, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Reputed builder selling illegal property and offering pity compensatio
- Relatives claiming a share in grandfathers property what to do.
- Can a third person file a divorce through a Power of Attorney?
- Father cheated by his own son what legal action can we take
- Extra amount received in F&F settlement can company ask for refund