×

quesMarried in Delhi. Huisband's home in Gurgaon. Where to file divorce?

My daughter was married last year in feburary. After 2 days of marriage she came back home. But shifted completely in may with all bags and baggage. She was married in Delhi and has her husbands home in gurgaon. Where will the divorce case be filed. They are going for mutual divorce and how can we recover the gifts given and money spent on the marriage?

The mutual consent divorce can be filed on mutual terms and condition and same has be  specified in an  MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING.

During course of discussion of terms and condition you can ask for all the items such as gift and the money spent on marriage. The same needs to mention in MOU.

Further you can file mutual consent at last place where both the parties resided i.e Gurgaon or where currently the girl is residing

• ansYou may file your divorce suit both the places as per your convenience either Delhi or Gurgaon. In the case of mutual divoerce :
      all the terms about the stridhan and gifts clearly clarified by your advocate in the petition and other than that there is no provision for the same.

Thanks

Advocate Mohan S

Janakpuri, Delhi

• ansU may file a complaint either in Gurgaon or the place where ur residing now. So far as the gifts and the money spent at the time of marriage is concerned, the same can be discussed and sorted out on the table. U can also execute a settlement deed which can be used as the basis of the divorce by mutual consent.

Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

Tis Hazari Court, Delhi