quesMarried in Delhi. Huisband's home in Gurgaon. Where to file divorce?

My daughter was married last year in feburary. After 2 days of marriage she came back home. But shifted completely in may with all bags and baggage. She was married in Delhi and has her husbands home in gurgaon. Where will the divorce case be filed. They are going for mutual divorce and how can we recover the gifts given and money spent on the marriage?

  • ans

    The mutual consent divorce can be filed on mutual terms and condition and same has be  specified in an  MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING.

    During course of discussion of terms and condition you can ask for all the items such as gift and the money spent on marriage. The same needs to mention in MOU.

    Further you can file mutual consent at last place where both the parties resided i.e Gurgaon or where currently the girl is residing


  • ansYou may file your divorce suit both the places as per your convenience either Delhi or Gurgaon. In the case of mutual divoerce :
    all the terms about the stridhan and gifts clearly clarified by your advocate in the petition and other than that there is no provision for the same.


    Advocate Mohan S

      Janakpuri, Delhi

  • ansU may file a complaint either in Gurgaon or the place where ur residing now. So far as the gifts and the money spent at the time of marriage is concerned, the same can be discussed and sorted out on the table. U can also execute a settlement deed which can be used as the basis of the divorce by mutual consent.

    Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

      Tis Hazari Court, Delhi

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am married since the past 7 years and have a 4 years old child.…

Hello Sir, I have filed an application for judicial Separation under section 10 in July…

Hi i want to know abt mutual divorce its 5 yrs of marriage n my…

I'm with my parents its been 1yr with 2 n half years old baby. When…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly