Married in Delhi. Huisband's home in Gurgaon. Where to file divorce?
My daughter was married last year in feburary. After 2 days of marriage she came back home. But shifted completely in may with all bags and baggage. She was married in Delhi and has her husbands home in gurgaon. Where will the divorce case be filed. They are going for mutual divorce and how can we recover the gifts given and money spent on the marriage?
The mutual consent divorce can be filed on mutual terms and condition and same has be specified in an MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING.
During course of discussion of terms and condition you can ask for all the items such as gift and the money spent on marriage. The same needs to mention in MOU.
Further you can file mutual consent at last place where both the parties resided i.e Gurgaon or where currently the girl is residing
You may file your divorce suit both the places as per your convenience either Delhi or Gurgaon. In the case of mutual divoerce :
all the terms about the stridhan and gifts clearly clarified by your advocate in the petition and other than that there is no provision for the same.
Advocate Mohan SJanakpuri, Delhi
U may file a complaint either in Gurgaon or the place where ur residing now. So far as the gifts and the money spent at the time of marriage is concerned, the same can be discussed and sorted out on the table. U can also execute a settlement deed which can be used as the basis of the divorce by mutual consent.
Advocate Jiwan Pal SinghTis Hazari Court, Delhi
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Ancestral property taken by father and compensation given to sisters.
- does living with an already married women legal
- How to withdraw from being a Guarantor in a Civil Suit
- Filed online complaint. Company threats to sue me. What can he do?
- How to withdraw 498A from Court?