quesMarried for months. First wife not wiling to divorce.

Last 7 years i am in a relationship. he is still married but their marriage is not going good. He wants divorce but his wife continuously threatening him. For the last 7 years we are living like a husband and wife and also working together. All our colleagues known us as husband and wife. Few months back we got married at a temple. He wants to stay with me but his first wife determine not to get the divorce. He is mentally tortured every time.How could i solve this problem?

  • ansIf your lover is sure that he needs a divorce from his first wife then,
    He needs to file a divorce petition in the Court and contest it.

    This process usually takes time unlike mutual consent divorce which takes place in an year time. Even if you have married him in a temple, that will not legalize your marriage with him.

    Indian Law does not accept this wedding when the first wife is also legally wedded to him.

    There are chances that an case of adultery, mental harassment and cruelty be also filed by the wife against him.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear Lawyer, This query is on behalf of my friend who is struggling fighting the…

i got divorced 5 years back. i want to know that can i claim for…

I am a full time home maker (a non earning member) & mother to a…
We have been married for 16yrs and having a son of 15 yrs.my wife is…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly