Married for months. First wife not wiling to divorce.
Last 7 years i am in a relationship. he is still married but their marriage is not going good. He wants divorce but his wife continuously threatening him. For the last 7 years we are living like a husband and wife and also working together. All our colleagues known us as husband and wife. Few months back we got married at a temple. He wants to stay with me but his first wife determine not to get the divorce. He is mentally tortured every time.How could i solve this problem?
If your lover is sure that he needs a divorce from his first wife then,
He needs to file a divorce petition in the Court and contest it.
This process usually takes time unlike mutual consent divorce which takes place in an year time. Even if you have married him in a temple, that will not legalize your marriage with him.
Indian Law does not accept this wedding when the first wife is also legally wedded to him.
There are chances that an case of adultery, mental harassment and cruelty be also filed by the wife against him.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife filed divorce case in Bhopal Can she now transfer case to Delhi
- No progress on plot asking for development charges
- Can private company ask me to resign w/o providing any reason?
- Wife is suffering from Bipolar disorder want to file for divorce
- Property allotted by government. How to transfer it to mother?