quesMarried for 15 years. Now i want to divorce my husband. What rights?

I have been married for 15 years. Can i divorce my husband? What are my rights? I don't know anything about divorce. Please guide me.

  • ansHello,
    For filing divorce two things required cruelty n desertion which have to be proved. You have not specified reasons for divorce. You also not disclosed about kids you both have out of wedlock. You can claim maintenance too. U can contact us n disclose your further action so can help you out.

    Advocate Pramod Kale

      District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune

  • ansDefinitely you can file divorce petition. You can claim maintainance, share in property and all the other reliefs which you are in need. But it is advised that before initiating any proceedings one must issue legal notice to the otherside. As we do not know your facts and grounds for seeking divorce we are not able to advise further.

    Advocate Sagar Kothari

      District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

  • ansYou can divorce your husband depending on the various grounds as per your situation and religion as well as personal laws.

    You can get interim maintenance during the period of case hearing.

    once case is decided then Court will grant you Permanent Alimony as well as place of residence.

    If you have kids then you can also claim the education and other expenses for the kids.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

sir pls give me an idea to take divorce from my wife and i want…

We got married in arya smaj after that we decided to agree our parents so…
Hi, my wife left me just 5 months of our marriage.her behaviour was rude we…

I want to know if i file for divorce what maintenance would i get since…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly