×

quesMarried at the age of the 14. Don't want to continue it

My parents have done my child marriage when i was 14 year old. Now i am 24 but don't want to accept that relationship. I am graduate and doing job and want to concentrate on my career. However the girl is not educated. Her parents are forcing my family to bring her home. What can i do now?

• ansChild marriage prohibition act 2006 gives you provisions to approach a court to nullify the child marriage you had. The petition under Sec. 3(3) may be filed at any time but before the minor completes two years of attaining majority. So at present your marriage is regularised as per the law since you have not approached the court to nullify it within two years of your attaining 21 years.

But now at the age of 24, you should seek other options under law to declare your marriage invalid. You do not have to continue in case you have not cohabited with her and and you do not prefer to to be with her.

Hence still you can approach a court to declare it null and void.