Married at the age of the 14. Don't want to continue it
My parents have done my child marriage when i was 14 year old. Now i am 24 but don't want to accept that relationship. I am graduate and doing job and want to concentrate on my career. However the girl is not educated. Her parents are forcing my family to bring her home. What can i do now?
Child marriage prohibition act 2006 gives you provisions to approach a court to nullify the child marriage you had. The petition under Sec. 3(3) may be filed at any time but before the minor completes two years of attaining majority. So at present your marriage is regularised as per the law since you have not approached the court to nullify it within two years of your attaining 21 years.
But now at the age of 24, you should seek other options under law to declare your marriage invalid. You do not have to continue in case you have not cohabited with her and and you do not prefer to to be with her.
Hence still you can approach a court to declare it null and void.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- I want to file for partition but siblings are not showing interest
- Company not giving experience letter what action can I take
- Insurance company not paying money back after maturity date
- Boss harassing me by giving false info. to seniors. What legal remedy?
- Builder not allowing us to transfer property to another party