quesMarried a girl but I have no proof can I stop her from second marriage

I married a girl in a temple but we didn't registered our marriage not we have any photos for the same, I just have audio recordings where she is accepting that she has married me and few photos together and bills of hotels we went together. Can I stop her from doing 2nd marriage legally?

  • ansYou should get the marriage registered as soon as possible, to prevent such an incident from happening. A marriage certificate should be sufficient proof of the marriage, whereas audio recording and all can be questioned.

    Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

      Greater Kailash 1, Delhi

  • ansYes it is possible to prove your marriage.You can sue her if she marries or can get a restraining order from court of law.The photographs and priest of the temple can be of help.However, you have tp prove these facts.

    Advocate Rajesh Rai

      Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi

  • ansAudio recording is not enough. You should have at least 1 proof which can prove your marriage. .....................................................


    Advocate Vikas Nain

      Delhi High Court, Delhi

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My wife and me are not living together for 7 months. Neither she wants to…
Got married in 2011 as per Hindu marriage act in India, No children and got…
I have been divorced from my ex husbands and my 3 years baby is with…
My wife has gone to her parent without inform me. I am calling her and…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly