marriage with second cousins in Hindu religion. Is it legal?
I and my second cousin are in a relationship since last three years. ..he is my mother's sister's son...now we are planning to get married...is it legal or illegal.we know it will be a great task to convince our parents or to even talk to them about it.so what all rules and norms are related to this ..plz guide we are brahmins .
Under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 marriage between sapindas is prohibited.
Under the Act sapindas are cousins down to 5th generation on the paternal side and down to 3rd generation on the mother's side. In counting generations the generation of cousins concerned is also included.
Hence, as per law , your marriage will not be valid
Aap aur aapki mother's sister's son. ek dusre k sampind hai. isliye Hindu law k according aapki marriage nahi ho sakti hai. Hindu law k Aarekh-9 k according Aap ek hi sampind me h. Jo marriage KO illegal karta h....Aap Advocate se personally milkar details advice me to thik rehega......... thank you..
Adv Rajneesh Kumar
Advocate Rajneesh KumarDistrict Court, Saharanpur, Saharanpur
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the procedure for divorce.
- Builder not responding to cancellation request what can I do
- Procedure for filing divorce and time involved in the same
- Can i take possession of land illegally occupied by the other party
- Wife is not living with me she left home how can i get back her