×

quesmarriage with second cousins in Hindu religion. Is it legal?

I and my second cousin are in a relationship since last three years. ..he is my mother's sister's son...now we are planning to get married...is it legal or illegal.we know it will be a great task to convince our parents or to even talk to them about it.so what all rules and norms are related to this ..plz guide we are brahmins .

Under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 marriage between sapindas is prohibited.

Under the Act sapindas are cousins down to 5th generation on the paternal side and down to 3rd generation on the mother's side. In counting generations the generation of cousins concerned is also included.

Hence, as per law , your marriage will not be valid

• ansAap aur aapki mother's sister's son. ek dusre k sampind hai. isliye Hindu law k according aapki marriage nahi ho sakti hai. Hindu law k Aarekh-9 k according Aap ek hi sampind me h. Jo marriage KO illegal karta h....Aap Advocate se personally milkar details advice me to thik rehega......... thank you..
    Adv Rajneesh Kumar

Advocate Rajneesh Kumar

District Court, Saharanpur, Saharanpur