Marriage postponed by girl's parents. Only engagement done. What to do
i got engaged in November. Me and my parents went to the girls family and engagement was arranged. They cancelled and postponed the marriage from April and keeps on postponing it. Now they are telling me and not my parents that are not ready for arrange marriage. What can i do now if they file any false? Can i get married to someone else?
You are legally not married yet. You can go ahead and get married to any other girl if you wish.
Talk to that girl and her family with whom you have got engaged l, get the things clarified and you can ask them to give it writing that they are not willing to get their girl married to you and they have no claimagaist you. Please note, this is optional.
Advocate Sandeep HegdeRajajinagar, Bangalore
You can marry any another girl since marriage is not solemnized between you and that girl. She cannot even file any sort of false complaint as it won't withstand before the court. Even she can also marry any other boy as per her wish.
Advocate Jagadish NAdugodi, Bangalore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Filed writ petition but status is pending how to get early judgement
- Father's will removed by mother for daughter.
- Can husband file a case on members having illegal relationship
- Can Muslim lady adopt a girl child
- neighbour giving lot of problem on property issue what to do