quesMarriage postponed by girl's parents. Only engagement done. What to do

i got engaged in November. Me and my parents went to the girls family and engagement was arranged. They cancelled and postponed the marriage from April and keeps on postponing it. Now they are telling me and not my parents that are not ready for arrange marriage. What can i do now if they file any false? Can i get married to someone else?

  • ans

    This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

  • ansYou are legally not married yet. You can go ahead and get married to any other girl if you wish.

    Talk to that girl and her family with whom you have got engaged l, get the things clarified and you can ask them to give it writing that they are not willing to get their girl married to you and they have no claimagaist you. Please note, this is optional.

    Advocate Sandeep Hegde

      Rajajinagar, Bangalore

  • ansYou can marry any another girl since marriage is not solemnized between you and that girl. She cannot even file any sort of false complaint as it won't withstand before the court. Even she can also marry any other boy as per her wish.

    Advocate Jagadish N

      Adugodi, Bangalore

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

before 1 yrs I got married now I want to fill divorce to my husband…

Hi! I am facing problems in my married life. My husband and my In-laws have…

My brother had married near to 1.5-2 years back. He has a daughter. I was…

My husband and I are seeking divorce because of compatibility and trust issues. We're married…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly