Marriage happened on false story that husband working in railways.
I was married on the false pretext that my husband was working in the Indian Railways. After marriage i realized he never worked and now is not even working. Presently i am working in an MNC there are many instances of mental and physical harassment. I want to know what should i do? If i file for divorce will i get compensation for mental harassment? Can i also recover money spent on my marriage?
We suggested you to file divorce petition under Section 13(1) of Hindu marriage act on the ground of false commitments from you husband, and you can also take the plea of cruelty and mental agony.
Along with this petition you can file case under domestic violence wherein you can seek compensation on ground of cruelty and mental harassment.
Yes, you can file a divorce and seek maintenance. Since your husband is also physical and mentally harassing you, you can file a complaint under the protection of women against domestic violence Act. You can also get compensation for harassment under this complaint.
Advocate Shikha PandeyGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
We suggested you to file divorce petition under Section 13(1) of Hindu marriage act . Along with this petition you can file case under domestic violence wherein you can seek compensation on ground of cruelty and mental harassment.
Advocate Sudershani RayKailash Hills, Delhi
Yes ,you can file a divorce petition against your husband on the ground of false commitments from you husband ,you can also take the plea of cruelty and mental agony,you file file for maintenance amount against your husband but of he is not earning how would he pay you,its best file petition for divorce .You can seek the relief of the amount spent on the marriage ,but its vry rare that the court grants the said relief.
Advocate Ritesh IsaacBengali Market, Delhi
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Different date of birth on birth certificate and school documents
- Dont have medical description can I file complaint to the police
- One partner is foreigner what legality for incorporating startup
- What action can be taken for threatening calls from Tata Photon
- Left company on basis of health issue can they blacklist me