quesMarriage happened on false story that husband working in railways.

I was married on the false pretext that my husband was working in the Indian Railways. After marriage i realized he never worked and now is not even working. Presently i am working in an MNC there are many instances of mental and physical harassment. I want to know what should i do? If i file for divorce will i get compensation for mental harassment? Can i also recover money spent on my marriage?

• ansWe suggested you to file divorce petition  under Section 13(1) of Hindu marriage act on the ground of false commitments from you husband, and you can also take the plea of cruelty and mental agony. 

Along with this petition you can file case under domestic violence wherein you can seek compensation on ground of cruelty and mental harassment.

• ansYes, you can file a divorce and seek maintenance. Since your husband is also physical and mentally harassing you, you can file a complaint under the protection of women against domestic violence Act. You can also get compensation for harassment under this complaint.

Advocate Shikha Pandey

Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

• ansWe suggested you to file divorce petition under Section 13(1) of Hindu marriage act . Along with this petition you can file case under domestic violence wherein you can seek compensation on ground of cruelty and mental harassment.

• ansYes ,you can file a divorce petition against your husband on the ground of false commitments from you husband ,you can also take the plea of cruelty and mental agony,you file file for maintenance amount against your husband but of he is not earning how would he pay you,its best file petition for divorce .You can seek the relief of the amount spent on the marriage ,but its vry rare that the court grants the said relief.

Advocate Ritesh Isaac

Bengali Market, Delhi