Mami left for hometown with brother. Not wiling to come back to mama.
My mama and mami have been married for 14 years now. Due to some family dispute mami left with his brother to her hometown in BIhar. After many attempts by mama, mami is not wiling to come back. What can we do now?
Assuming your Mami and mami are Hindus,
We suggest you that your mama (uncle) should file an petition under Section 9 - Restitution of conjugal rights , wherein the court in the legal way can direct her to stay with him.
You can file petition for restitution of conjugal rights in the court. Once the court summons your mami, you can also get the matter referred for mediation so that your mam and mami can discuss the issues in presence of third person.
Advocate Shikha PandeyGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
Thank you for query and sorry for what has happened
Would request you to lodge a complaint with the police station of the area that mami has left with her brother without disclosing her whereabouts
Also say that you have been trying to contact her but are unable to
As if something happens to her God forbid you are not held responsible
You may try speaking to her parents about it and keep as many people on your side as possible
Advocate Amitesh Singh BakshiDelhi High Court, Delhi
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to recover dues from my ex company
- Person removed from government job can he apply for another govt job
- Is possession valid without occupation certificate
- Dead father's joint account with sister in law. Do i have any right?
- Procedure to get general power of attorney