maintenance for wife and son- husband files divorce
Hi,i'm married for 5 yrs and i'm a working women with my salary less than my husband (about half). i have almost 4yr old son and i'm staying in my parents house for last 3 yr(from the time my son was born) due to fight between me and my husband.Now he wants divorce and i don't. Hence i'm not going for mutual consent divorce. if he applies for challenge divorce, will i be eligible for maintenance for myself and for my son? If yes then how much i can claim for?
Yes of course, you are entitled to maintenance for yourself and your child, as well as alimony, even if the case is filed by your husband. The quantum will depend upon your earnings, his earnings, your lifestyle while living together, cost of education and welfare of the child.
However you can claim the sky but the court will allow only what is reasonable in the circumstances.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Mother gifted property siblings disputing for the property
- Gave advance for flat but now on cancelling no money is returned.
- Can the property i gifted to grandson be claimed by daughter/son
- Does the illegitimat daughter has a right in deceased fathers property
- Different Date of Birth in documents how to correct