Maintenance for child
husband filed FIR against me and my parents, siblings. under pressure asked to sign mutual divorce. first motion done, second due, in settlement he put this condition that I will not ask for child maintenance or will not file any other case. he kept all my jewellery and clothes/belongings. gave some cash for stree dhan. now I earn 30000 per month he is an NRI earning in dollars 5000 per month. I do not want anything for myself, really. But I feel really helpless and victimized that my son is deprived of his rights. Pl tell somebody, what can I further do?
Thank you for your query
It's indeed very sad that people now a days stoop to such levels to get what they want but law is there to safeguard the interests of those who are victimised
You shouldn't have agreed for first motion in the first instance and should have brought his wrongdoings in the knowledge of the hon'ble court at first available opportunity
Divorce by Mutual consent is not final unless second motion is completed
Once second motion is due
You must refuse to the same
As if you agree you will not be getting any maintenance for yourself or your son moreover he has your entire instridhan
You must file for 406, 498-a
Approach CAW cell as well and get all what you are entitled to
You are entitled to your instridhan
Maintenance for yourself and your son if you are agreeable to divorce him
Rest can be discussed in person
Advocate Amitesh Singh BakshiDelhi High Court, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Person makes complaint for dogs barking. Will police take them away?
- Legal action against domestic violence by father
- Regarding attachment of property in customs case. Can father be jailed
- Can the tenant continue staying after the expiry of the agreement ?
- What is the procedure for filing divorce.