quesMaintenance for child

husband filed FIR against me and my parents, siblings. under pressure asked to sign mutual divorce. first motion done, second due, in settlement he put this condition that I will not ask for child maintenance or will not file any other case. he kept all my jewellery and clothes/belongings. gave some cash for stree dhan. now I earn 30000 per month he is an NRI earning in dollars 5000 per month. I do not want anything for myself, really. But I feel really helpless and victimized that my son is deprived of his rights. Pl tell somebody, what can I further do?

• ansThank you for your query
    It's indeed very sad that people now a days stoop to such levels to get what they want but law is there to safeguard the interests of those who are victimised
    You shouldn't have agreed for first motion in the first instance and should have brought his wrongdoings in the knowledge of the hon'ble court at first available opportunity
    Divorce by Mutual consent is not final unless second motion is completed
    Once second motion is due
    You must refuse to the same
    As if you agree you will not be getting any maintenance for yourself or your son moreover he has your entire instridhan
    You must file for 406, 498-a
    Approach CAW cell as well and get all what you are entitled to
    You are entitled to your instridhan
    Maintenance for yourself and your son if you are agreeable to divorce him
    Rest can be discussed in person

Advocate Amitesh Singh Bakshi

Delhi High Court, Delhi