quesMaintenance for child

husband filed FIR against me and my parents, siblings. under pressure asked to sign mutual divorce. first motion done, second due, in settlement he put this condition that I will not ask for child maintenance or will not file any other case. he kept all my jewellery and clothes/belongings. gave some cash for stree dhan. now I earn 30000 per month he is an NRI earning in dollars 5000 per month. I do not want anything for myself, really. But I feel really helpless and victimized that my son is deprived of his rights. Pl tell somebody, what can I further do?

  • ansThank you for your query
    It's indeed very sad that people now a days stoop to such levels to get what they want but law is there to safeguard the interests of those who are victimised
    You shouldn't have agreed for first motion in the first instance and should have brought his wrongdoings in the knowledge of the hon'ble court at first available opportunity
    Divorce by Mutual consent is not final unless second motion is completed
    Once second motion is due
    You must refuse to the same
    As if you agree you will not be getting any maintenance for yourself or your son moreover he has your entire instridhan
    You must file for 406, 498-a
    Approach CAW cell as well and get all what you are entitled to
    You are entitled to your instridhan
    Maintenance for yourself and your son if you are agreeable to divorce him
    Rest can be discussed in person

    Advocate Amitesh Singh Bakshi

      Delhi High Court, Delhi

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

It has been 6 years that I have been married. I don't know if my…

It's been a week of our marrige, and we did not live a single a…

What are the options available to a person if she is suffering from domestic violence?…

I have been tried to be killed by my husband so many times. I left…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly