Maintenance and alimony
My sister works as a government school teacher and my brother in law working in indian railways due to personal causes. They are applying for divorce. They have a girl and a boy. What about the children after divorce. Is it possible that the children would come to my sister. Can my sister apply for compensation as she is working. Can we book the case under domestic violence?
Your sister wants the custody. Generally, the courts award the custody of minor children to the mother. The father gets only visitation rights. Since both, your sister and husband are going in for divorce by mutual consent, the terms provide that custody will be given to the mother only. Since your sister is working she won't get maintenance but will get maintenance for the children. Filing of domestic violence will aggravate the issue. Better arrive at an amicable settlement.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Defamation and cruelty by wife.
- Can i change my decision after filing for mutual divorce.
- Is divorce not necessary if marriage not registered?
- Motor Vehicle Act notice with section 324 imposed
- Agreement to sale signed but only the last page any issue in this