living abroad husband tortures -wife seeking divorce
Hello, I have spoken to my husband about our separation and it didn't go in well. He abused me and threatened me to leave my son and only then he will agree for a divorce. When i said i will have to take the matter to the court he started yelling and shouting at me and insisted that even he will approach court and make sure to bring me on road. Please advice in such scenario what should i do. The next morning when he was cool he agreed for a divorce and was even ready to give me my sons custody i even asked him to give me this in writing which he agreed but later very conveniently forgot. Since i stay abroad i am totally dependent on him. Also if he gives me in writing that he is willing to give me the custody of our son can he challenge it later in future or can his family has any rights to challenge his wish.
I do not think the dispute is going to be resolved so soon. It will be better if you come to India with your son and file the case for divorce, criminal case against tortures and case for maintenance of yourself and the child.
Once you file the cases from India which favors the distressed women, he will be forced to come to an amicable settlement and agree by your terms. Whoever writes anything about the maintenance and the custody, the same can always be retracted later on as legal rights can not be wived in writing.
And it will be advisable to obtain divorce by mutual consent as it will save time.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can bank attach assets to recover outstanding amount
- Paying for any damaged caused to neighbors during house construction
- Division of property according to Muslim law
- Brother not agreeing to divide ancestral property. What to do?
- Illegal transfer of property by developer what action can we take