legally wife and husband- even after separation
A hindu mother left her hindu husband and children and filed case in the court for maintenance from her husband while living separately. She was granted a sum amount by the court for her monthly maintenance. Just one or two years later she again filed a case in the court for maintenance enhancement. There also she got maintenance enhancement by sum amount. Is she still called legally wedded wife of the husband? Please clarify it.
Unless and until divorce has officially taken place she continues to be the legally wedded wife of her husband. A claim for maintenance does not hamper the marital status.
The provision for judicial separation is contained in Section 10 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. The section reads as under: A decree for judicial separation can be sought on all those ground on which decree for dissolution of marriage, i.e. divorce can be sought.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- In-Court partition (Solenama) Vs Out-of-Court partition (By Registrar)
- Falsely accused in case can I apply for police job
- Can we claim property share in father's brothers inherited property?
- Can I return property received by settlement deed through another deed
- In laws of my son are very manipulative and fighting. What to do?