Legal Separation without formality of Divorce
I separated from my husband 3 years back and am not staying with my parents with my daughter. She is studying in school and I bear all her expenses. We had filed for a mutual divorce some years back but due to our jobs we could not be at the court on time.
I do not want to go to court. We don't have time to appear there. Is there any other remedy?
If you and your husband had filed for a divorce by mutual consent and you did not appear in court then the petition would have been dismissed. If you do not want to go through the court process again and you don't want to marry again then forget it.
You can stay separate from your husband even without a divorce. You can file for a judicial separation if you so desire. Contact a local lawyer who can guide you better.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- If i start tailoring in my apartment. Is it legal to put up a board?
- Girlfriend filed a complaint for denying to marry
- How can i quickly get my money back from a person to whom i gave loan?
- Husband harassing and not providing basics
- Took admission in one college and fee deposit to another college