Legal recourse against 498A
My sister in law filed a case against my brother, I and my wife under section 498A. Can we challenge this? Do we have a legal recourse against this?
Seek an anticipatory bail and then contest the case on merit. The FIR can be quashed if it is abuse of the process of law. You should have strong case to go to HC for quashing.
The police will conduct investigations and if prima facie case is made out then they can file a charge sheet against you and other family members.
Related IPC Sections
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the procedure for mutual divorce and how much time it takes?
- My friend is molested by her cousin brother what action can she take
- Stay together for 2 years out of 7 years can I file for divorce
- Earning money as part time teacher for full time govt or private emp.
- Want to understand judgement of the SC re.Recruitment of ast professor