quesLegal recourse against 498A

My sister in law filed a case against my brother, I and my wife under section 498A. Can we challenge this? Do we have a legal recourse against this?

  • ansSeek an anticipatory bail and then contest the case on merit. The FIR can be quashed if it is abuse of the process of law. You should have strong case to go to HC for quashing.

    The police will conduct investigations and if prima facie case is made out then they can file a charge sheet against you and other family members.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi I got married in jan 2015 in 2016 may I came to know that…
Dear sir, A lady foresefully signed me on a notary marriage paper in 2016 May…
my wife belongs to KARNATAKA and i belong to Hyderabad(ANDHRA PRADESH ) ,But marriage is…
Hi, mera sawal hai ki, agar patni nehi chahti hai pati ke sath rehene ko…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly