Judge asked to take mutual divorce but gave a date after 6 months.
My younger brother has filed divorce case. Since one year the case is in the court. Earlier his wife wasn't ready to divorce him. Now she is wiling to divorce him. The judge has asked to take mutual divorce and given a date next hearing six months later. How can my brother quickly get divorce?
The period of 6 months given by judge is in compliance with the provisions of Law. Hence, cannot be dispensed with. Thus, your brother will get divorced only after 6 months when second motion would be moved. Under Indian Laws marriage is a sacred relation and not contract therefore courts are duty bound to make efforts until last ditch to save a marriage.
Advocate Kunal SabharawalPanchsheel Enclave, Delhi
A mutual divorce can be obtained in approximately 6 months. It essentially involves two motions before court, 6 months apart.
The parties can move a joint petition for divorce and appear in court wherein the judge will confirm their intentions. And six months later, the second motion will be passed and divorce decree issued.
Advocate Savyasachi Kumar SahaiC R Park, Delhi
For divorce by mutual consent, both parties have to agree to get divorced. The following are the laws related to it:
• Hindu Marriage Act-Section 13B
• Divorce Act-Section 10A
• Special marriage Ac-Section 28
However, you will need to show to the court that you have been living separately for a year for that. In case your brother has not been living separately for more than a year, he will have to wait for that time to pass.
Advocate Mishika SinghLajpat Nagar 1, Delhi
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wish to know how much economic loss for man during divorce
- Father retired from government service. How to reimburse medical bills
- Issue on ration dealership, not being handed over after sanctioning.
- False 498A case filed against husband and in laws. How to defend it?
- Can we legally pay security guard before paying money to their agency?