quesIs there time limit to file for maintenance under section 125 of Crpc?

My husband is putting an allegation on my character verbally as well as in written under the domestic violence Act. He has done this and then he is filing a case under Sec. 9. What should I do?

Additionally, please confirm if there is any limit for fixing the maintenance charges under section 125? If yes, please confirm the maximum amount. Or is there any procedure on which the court can fix the amount according to my husband's salary?

• ansIf your husband has done such character accusations and then is seeking conjugal rights under Sec 9, you can avail benefits of this discrepancy in your defence and place copies of the same in your defence. 

There is no fixed / maximum amount which can be granted as maintenance in a 125 Cr. P.C. proceedings and the maintenance is now subject to the salary, social status, lifestyle etc. of the husband and the wife.

Click here
    to find the best Divorce lawyer in your city.