Is there time limit to file for maintenance under section 125 of Crpc?
My husband is putting an allegation on my character verbally as well as in written under the domestic violence Act. He has done this and then he is filing a case under Sec. 9. What should I do?
Additionally, please confirm if there is any limit for fixing the maintenance charges under section 125? If yes, please confirm the maximum amount. Or is there any procedure on which the court can fix the amount according to my husband's salary?
If your husband has done such character accusations and then is seeking conjugal rights under Sec 9, you can avail benefits of this discrepancy in your defence and place copies of the same in your defence.
There is no fixed / maximum amount which can be granted as maintenance in a 125 Cr. P.C. proceedings and the maintenance is now subject to the salary, social status, lifestyle etc. of the husband and the wife.
Click here to find the best Divorce lawyer in your city.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- what if I ask bank to disburse 60% amount instead of 80% of home loan
- Wife threatening. Left home and 2 kids. Can she claim part of property
- I defaulted on payment of loan what action can be taken against me
- What are the formalities to gift a two wheeler
- Step mom selling late father's land w/o giving us share. What to do?