quesIs there any law that can force wife into getting a medical treatment?

Is there legally any way through which I can make my wife who is suffering from health related problems receive medical treatment? She is just not willing to go to a doctor which is having an adverse effect on her.


I have been taking care of her for the past 3 years. Is there any law that can force her into getting a medical treatment done?


  • ans


    Article 21 of the Indian Constitution gives an individual a right of self-determination and a right to refusal of medical treatment. Therefore, your wife being an adult, has the right to refuse treatment.


    However, if you can prove that you wife is mentally incapable of taking rational decisions and that you should be allowed to take decisions on her behalf, then you can consent to the medical treatment.


    A Doctor cannot treat a patient without a valid consent unless it is an emergency case where the consent can be dispensed with.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

On what grounds I can get divorce,I want to get divorce from my wife bcoz…

Sir we 4 students thought took a flat in gurgaon but i am not confirmed…
Married for last 12years..spouse does'nt want divorce..i have extra marital affair with a married lady…
 friend ki two sisters na valla fst chelleki marriage aindhi oka babu unnadu vadu chinna…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly