Is there any law that can force wife into getting a medical treatment?
Is there legally any way through which I can make my wife who is suffering from health related problems receive medical treatment? She is just not willing to go to a doctor which is having an adverse effect on her.
I have been taking care of her for the past 3 years. Is there any law that can force her into getting a medical treatment done?
Article 21 of the Indian Constitution gives an individual a right of self-determination and a right to refusal of medical treatment. Therefore, your wife being an adult, has the right to refuse treatment.
However, if you can prove that you wife is mentally incapable of taking rational decisions and that you should be allowed to take decisions on her behalf, then you can consent to the medical treatment.
A Doctor cannot treat a patient without a valid consent unless it is an emergency case where the consent can be dispensed with.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- FIR against me for false FIR Now tell me what should I do
- Want to rebuild HUF property but all the members are not agreeing
- Compensation from builder for delay in giving possession of flat
- How to get the name changed in Birth certificate
- Is Section 65 of Bombay Police Act civil or criminal