is there a difference between divorce order and divorce decree?
My 2nd motion just got concluded in my mutual divorce case and the judge said that I need to come to the court in 12 days to collect the order copy. Want to know is there a difference between divorce order and decree or is it the same document? Also, can my husband challenge the divorce decree in a higher court ever? WIll that be a problem if i get married immediately after getting my divorce decree?
A court decree that terminates a marriage; also known as marital dissolution.
A divorce decree establishes the new relations between the parties, including their duties and obligations relating to property that they own,support responsibilities of either or both of them, and provisions for any children.When a marriage breaks up, divorce law provides legal solutions for issues that the husband and wife are unable to resolve through mutual cooperation.
So , divorce order and divorce decree is same thing.
If it is Mutual consent divorce then it cannot be challenged , however in case of contested divorce , he can file an appeal
the divorce decree would be the final word on the divorce between you and your husband with all the conditions entailed. Since he is also a party to the divorce with consent he will not be challenging it. yes, you can marry anytime after the divorce without any fear. go ahead.
Advocate Shikha PandeyGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
it is almost same but you have to wait for 90 days i.e. time for appeal before reunion with some one else. As with in this period both parties have the right to appeal before the higher court of law.
Its better for you and for your new partner also.
Advocate Mohan SJanakpuri, Delhi
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is husband responsible for wife's check bounce
- Wife is fully influenced by her sister and left the house. What to do?
- About share of sisters and mother in fathers self earned property.
- What is procedure to get birth certificate
- Procedure to get termed bonus after the acceptance of resignation