quesis post dated cheque to b given in court for settlement

we settled the matter for 5 lakhs and ready to take mutual divorce, but Here her lawyer is insisting me to give a post dated cheque and it will be with court only till the final hearing is done, is it correct? will this happen with court?

Or he is trying to fool me? And he is saying that we have to give a proof or security to the above agreed amount, other wise the judge will not consider. it this how the procedure happens in court?

  • ansYes, it indeed is a method of settlement. You can draft an acknowledgement receipt for that payment and take signature of other party and keep it with you. Every process has to be done in court in front of the concerned judge.

    You don't have to give any kind of proof of security.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir my name is XYZ. In 2008 I did marriage. It was contract marriage to…

Who can apply for divorce? Whether husband should apply for it or wife? What option…
I want to know the procedure for divorce both mutually and individually. We got married…
Parents forced us to take divorce now want to cancel the divorce. how do we…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly