quesIs panchayat divorce sufficient to get remarried?

I had taken Divorce in 2007, in our bhorgaon lewa patidar panchyat padalse district -Jalgaon. I remarried in 2011 with a USA NRI. For getting a VISA, the officer suggested me to take Divorce decree of my first marriage by an Indian Court. 


I got the decree in December, 2013. Now, the USA Government is not accepting my second marriage. What should I do? Should I remarry with my second husband again?


They did not accept the divorce and hence they decided my remarriage wss illegal. Please advice me on what can I now do.


  • ans


    With respect to hindus, the divorce is recognized only once it is granted by way of a decree by the Court of law and therefore any divorce granted by local laws of a society shall not be recognized by law.


    Now that you have got a divorce decree of first marriage by Indian Court in December 2013, you can now marry your second husband. And it will not be a remarriage as your marriage with second husband was not legally recognized because you were not legally divorce from your first husband at the time of second marriage.


    We would need further details and more clarity to provide you further advice.


  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband do domestic violence on me and even l will not go to my…


I am a Hindu, lived with my wife for 9 years after which she left…
What are the steps for a Mutual consented divorce if both the husband and wife…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly