Is giving post date cheque mandatory in mutual divorce?
me and my wife agreed for mutual divorce for158 lac, is it safe giving the post dated cheque at the time of filing the mutual divorce? Also other thing is her lawyer insisting me to give post dated cheque, is it mandatory ?
There is no problem to give post date cheques against the mutual consent divorce but it should be mentioned in MOU.
Another option is,
You can deny giving any post dated cheque. If she doesn't turn up for the second motion of divorce in such a case your petition would be dismissed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Siblings asking to pay amount for property and harassing
- Criminal case was registered against me can I get govt job
- Signed bond for 2 years left early what can I do
- Can i apply conjugal rights if husband is not living with me
- Impact of ipc 354a/34 on passport issuance