Is epilepsy still a ground for divorce under Hindu Marriage Act?
Is it necessary or advisable to file cases u/s 24, 25 ,125 & 498 A of the Hindu Marriage Act to protect oneself? A case against whom has been filed u/s 12 of the Hindu Marriage Act on the grounds of epilepsy & non disclosure of the same.
As far as we have referred, Section 5 of the Hindu Marriage Act has been amended since December 2009 & now no divorce is allowed on the ground of epilepsy.
Secondly, non declaration of such so alleged illness also does not provide ground for filing a case for divorce under any section of the act. An early response is awaited.
Section 24, 25 and Section 125 Crpc is an application for maintenance and Section 498 A is a criminal complaint for domestic violence against the in laws and the husband. If you intend to seek maintenance from your husband, then you should file a case under the above mentioned section.
Further, if actually you have suffered domestic violence, i.e. physical and mental cruelty then you should file a criminal complaint.
Furthermore, unless we know the complete facts, we will not be able to provide the exact legal solution. Hence please provide complete facts.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Visa applied by company which got rejected what action can we take now
- B.L.R.O Mutation Certificate
- Sold car but registration in my name am I liable to pay for accident
- Bhabhi filed false DV case against my family what can be done
- I had residential land but I used it for commercial purpose