is divorce required to re marry
My friend is living separately with her husband since 6 year. So it is necessary to take divorce if she want to marry me ?
Marriage during subsistence of earlier marriage is illegal, without obtaining divorce the lady cannot marry you.
If you want to marry her and create a legally valid relationship it is necessary to first she divorce her husband, otherwise your marriage will not be sanctioned as legal.
You can also be prosecuted for the offence of adultery.
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Divorcee daughter forcefully staying in our house what to do
- Builder delayed possession of flat how can i get back the payment made
- Child maintenance denied by court
- Wife staying separately from part 1 year how to prove it
- Got land as bhakshish can I claim property