is divorce required to re marry
My friend is living separately with her husband since 6 year. So it is necessary to take divorce if she want to marry me ?
Marriage during subsistence of earlier marriage is illegal, without obtaining divorce the lady cannot marry you.
If you want to marry her and create a legally valid relationship it is necessary to first she divorce her husband, otherwise your marriage will not be sanctioned as legal.
You can also be prosecuted for the offence of adultery.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- What action can be taken if wrong advice is given by Credit Sudhaar
- Does a grandmother have a legal right to be maintained by her sons?
- Health insurance change from corporate to individual what can be done
- does this ipc effects on govt job verification process?
- Marriage cancelled by groom deny to return money