quesIs divorce is possible mutually with in 6 month of marriage?

Hi please assist me about mou ..mutual consent divorce with in 6 months of our marriage as i was married in nov 2014 which is not registered as nw we mutally agreed to get seperated and so on my inlaws insisting for signing divorce out of court (mou) .please assist is that possible ?and what is d procedure ?wat are the things which should mandatory in doing .so that their would not b any hassel in both our life.please assist

  • ansMou is not legally valid . you have to file a divorce petition mutually in court under section 13B(1) alog with an application for waving of the statutory period of one year . only court can grant divorce and severance of relation takes place after passing of decree of divorce. .

    Advocate Ashok Kumar Jha

      Mayur Vihar 1, Delhi

  • ansHi, divorce cannot be obtained within one year of marriage. You will have to wait till you complete an year of your marriage. After completion of the said period, you can file a petition in court along with decided terms enumerated in MOU. This is called 1st motion. The Court if convinced, would pass an order in the same and thereafter you will have to wait for another six months before you file the 2nd motion which will conclude the divorce.

    Advocate Kanika Bhutani

      Punjabi Bagh (West), Delhi

  • ansDear Madam,

    The mutual consent divorce usually takes place in two motions and six months.The process is a follows:
    - Both parties sit together and enter into a settlement.
    -petition for first motion is filed in court. Court will ask parties whether they want to seperate. if yes statement is recorded and cooling period of six months is given.
    - after six months Parties jointly file second motion of divorce and after statements divorce is granted.

    The catch here is both parties should be living seperately for one year before filing first motion divorce petition. In your case that time is not over but as your marriage is not registered you can manipulate the marriage date a bit.

    Ps: The above information may not be taken as the course of action i suggest but parties often do that.

    Advocate Sonia Saini

      Dwarka, Delhi

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

my wife who killed herself by burning with 99pc burns. a case has been filed…

sir my sons wife filed a petition for amicable settlmentat legal aid clinic date is…

My husband deserted me and my daughter (who is now 18yrs) in year 2007 (by…

How many times will I have to visit the court during a mutual consent divorce.…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly