quesIs 6 months period necessary for mutual divorce?

I am going to file my divorce case on mutual consent. I was marry in 2012. so its 1 year complete my lawyer said it will take six months more to get divorce. If I submit waiver application then can I get divorce in one or two months because my husband lives in foreign country and does my husband needs to come on second motion or this will resolve by power of attorney?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans6 months cooling period is required before second motion. Also, your husband's presence would be required on second motion.

      However he can state on affidavit duly affirmed by the Indian consulate that he has no objection to divorce being granted that all disputes have been settled as per consent terms.
      He can depose by video conferencing if family court has such facility .

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    If someone has married for visa purpose from ghaziabad marriage registrar but now they dont…
    Wife blackmailing and threatening to file 498a case against me and my family. What action…
    i m a brahmin i got married last year ,my wife got pregnent and without…
    I am from a hindu family Sir i got married in fabruary 2017 .but after…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

      Shree Ram Nagar
     Experience: 11 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly