Is 6 months period necessary for mutual divorce?
I am going to file my divorce case on mutual consent. I was marry in 2012. so its 1 year complete my lawyer said it will take six months more to get divorce. If I submit waiver application then can I get divorce in one or two months because my husband lives in foreign country and does my husband needs to come on second motion or this will resolve by power of attorney?
6 months cooling period is required before second motion. Also, your husband's presence would be required on second motion.
However he can state on affidavit duly affirmed by the Indian consulate that he has no objection to divorce being granted that all disputes have been settled as per consent terms.
He can depose by video conferencing if family court has such facility .
File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Want divorce from foreign women who cant back. how to proceed
- Can my sister challenge the Will or lokadalat court decree
- Girl wants to file a cyber crime complaint for making nudes public
- Wife & her family pressurizing me to move out of home
- can i attach property of my friend's father to recover my money