Inter religion marriage wants divorce & child custody.
I am a Hindu girl who got married to a Muslim boy in 1998. I first got converted to Islam and the nikhanama was submitted for marriage certificate we were married for 5 yrs not now I am separated from him past 2 yrs when I checked d marriage certificate it doesn't state special or Muslim marriage act anywhere so is my marriage null n void what is procedure for divorce besides that I have a daughter who is 2.5 yrs old living with her father I have not seen her for a year now.
I want divorce n child custody I was not allowed to take my daughter with me I have now become an independent women who is financially strong now but have no family support can I still get full custody.
In nikahnama there is no mentioning of special marriage of Muslim marriage act as marriage is done as per Muslim personal law. The marriage is very much valid. You can however apply for divorce under Dissolution of Muslim Marriage Act. File a case under PWDV Act where under you can ask for custody of the child.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to purchase flat when the property is mortgaged
- Build bathroom 30 years back on other's land claiming now
- Does wife have any rights if she is not willing to give divorce?
- Till what time a stay is valid on a property
- Can my mother sell her property without my consent