quesIn laws took daughter along. Now asking huge amount of money.

dear sir/madam i was married on 1march2015 it was a love marriage dont know what gone wrong from the first night of marriage she used to quarrel with me she never allowed to have sex with me she alwasy used to scold me call her parents do non-sense and their parents go take her to their home they never had asked me what's problem between,never wanted to have me with her she was away from my house from past 2 months in four months of my marriage life they hadnt given a penny to us but her father is now demanding a hepty ammount which he used for marriage. What can i do? We are muslims.

  • ansI am presuming that your marriage has taken place as per Muslim rites and rituals.
    Firstly, consummation (sexual intercourse) of marriage is a marital obligation in any marriage. However, in Muslim marriage if marriage has not been consummated it has legal implications.

    Secondly, concept of dowry is not recognised under Muslim marriage. So basically her family is harassing you under the garb of dowry.

    You can file a complaint before the local Police station stating all the facts. Approach the appropriate court for 'anticipatory bail' at the earliest. She and her family may initiate proceedings against you and your family. So I would advice in given facts approach for anticipatory bail at the earliest and file complaint in the local police station next. You may as well opt to give talaq as per Islamic law applicable to you.

    Hope this helps.

    Advocate Nishant Rai

      Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband and i cannot stay together. There is mental harassment and physical abuse as…
My husband is a heroin addict, when I found out I got him treated but…
I am a case of domestic violence and face humiliation from my husband.I have 2…
i am living in noida but can i file divoce case in delhi. case is…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Diva Arora Menon

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly