In laws threatening to file false cases. Can we take any step first?
My friend's brother needs a divorce and my friend is supporting his brother. His sister in law parents are threatening him if he will not stop all this they will file a case against them. They wont let him go like this. This is going from last month, things getting worst. is it possible that he can file against them for all what happened?
The wife of your brother friends cannot take any action against your friend.
However he can take action against the brothers friend parents.
The brother friend can file a divorce petition on the ground of cruelty.
They cannot file a false complaint solely on your friend. Infact when a file a domestic violence case against your friend's brother then they can make your friend as a one of the parties to the case. As of now there is no need to file any case on behalf of your friend. it is better to watch and see on the developments.
Advocate Jagadish NAdugodi, Bangalore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can i buy and register land in my name from SC/ST?
- Date written by pen on will will it be considered valid
- Can I claim property rights after Divorce from my husband?
- Can society be treated as a consumer with respect to a builder?
- Court order required for issuance of birth certificate