quesIn laws threatening to file false cases. Can we take any step first?

My friend's brother needs a divorce and my friend is supporting his brother. His sister in law parents are threatening him if he will not stop all this they will file a case against them. They wont let him go like this. This is going from last month, things getting worst. is it possible that he can file against them for all what happened?

  • ans

    The wife of your brother friends cannot take any action against your friend.

    However he can take action against the brothers friend parents.

    The brother friend can file a divorce petition on the ground of cruelty.

  • ansThey cannot file a false complaint solely on your friend. Infact when a file a domestic violence case against your friend's brother then they can make your friend as a one of the parties to the case. As of now there is no need to file any case on behalf of your friend. it is better to watch and see on the developments.

    Advocate Jagadish N

      Adugodi, Bangalore

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Please tell me does divorce rules change after marriage is of 7 years?i m being…
I am a reputed professional married to a previously divorced woman since 7 years and…
I want to file a divorce with my husband we married in feb 2012 &…
Hello, I have filed divorce case on adultery ground and DNA petition also filled. For…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly