In laws threatening to file false case. How can I get divorce?
My wife had an affair with a muslim driver boy. When I came to know about this she and her parents apologized. After this we got marred and then she started her M.A. studies. Instead of studying she went with her friends and had affairs. Her friend's husband kissed her. Also, that muslim driver boy used to come to her college everyday. So I told her that leave this college and give exam as x-student.
After this her father took her away. She is not living with me for the last 2 years. Now they say we want Rs.15 lacs for divorce otherwise they will file a case of 498 alimony etc and harass me. I am a teacher. What can I do? How can I get a divorce?
You can file a petition for divorce under Section 13(1)(ii)(b) of the Hindu Marriage Act which states that a petition may be presented by either the husband or the wife, for dissolution of marriage by a decree of divorce on the ground that the other party has deserted the petitioner for a continuous period of not less than two years immediately preceding the presentation of the petition.
You can also file a petition for divorce under Section 13(1)(i) on the grounds of adultery. However, you need to collect evidence to prove the same.
Additionally, you can also add the ground of cruelty which includes both mental as well as physical cruelty and the acts of your wife clearly amount to mental cruelty.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- False allegation by dell customer support and blocked my service
- Relevance of HMA Section 9
- Dicision to buy flat need help to know if it is safe to buy
- Company refusing to pay refundable security deposit
- Corrective steps to be taken regarding the property.