quesIn laws making dowry demands. What should i do?

Within months of my marriage, my in laws started troubling me for dowry. Presently i am in my parental home. Its been almost 2 years of marriage now, now my in laws call me and trouble me and even come to our home asking for dowry. We have one child and none of the in laws take care of the baby. All the marriage gifts are with them only. What should i do?

  • ansYou can make a police complaint under section 498A for dowry harassment.
    You can file a case under domestic violence act.

    Along with that you can file a case of maintenance asking for maintenance from your husband for yourself and your child.

  • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I want to take divorce from my wife because she always toucher me. Again and…
I belong to uttar pradesh and doctor by profession..Order was passed on 13.06.2016 by..after that…
My husband has filed for divorce in Dec 2014 & I am contesting. We have…
Good evening !! i am from Rajasthan and currently working in Dubai from last 6…

Divorce Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly