In laws making dowry demands. What should i do?
Within months of my marriage, my in laws started troubling me for dowry. Presently i am in my parental home. Its been almost 2 years of marriage now, now my in laws call me and trouble me and even come to our home asking for dowry. We have one child and none of the in laws take care of the baby. All the marriage gifts are with them only. What should i do?
You can make a police complaint under section 498A for dowry harassment.
You can file a case under domestic violence act.
Along with that you can file a case of maintenance asking for maintenance from your husband for yourself and your child.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- If property purchased by join mutual funds does grandson have share
- What are the right of grandson on maternal grandparents property
- How to transfer / register POA property if POA holder has passed away
- Person with 42% disability eligible for bank post
- After marriage I found that my husband was already married what to do