×

quesIn laws lied about the girl's education qualification. What can i do?

I was married last month. The girl's parents told that she was educated but now we have realized that she is uneducated and doesn't even know ABCD. I do not wish to stay with her anymore. What can i do? Divorce or annulment or can i file any case on my inlaws?

• ansYou can get your marriage annulled by the court on the ground of fraud. Otherwise mutual agreement may work but it is outside the court.Generally on ground of concealment of fact or giving false information is equivivelant to fraud. In India irretrievable breakdown of marriage is not applicable but indirectly it has been accepted under section 13 B of Hindu marriage act. But it requires one year time period since marriage then only you can apply.

Advocate Pawan Tyagi

District Court, Gurgaon, Gurgaon

• ansYou may be able to file divorce, on the grounds available under the law, though the ground mentioned by you may not be a ground for divorce. You may contact some good Divorce lawyer and seek some alternative grounds, based on your circumstances.

Advocate Vivek Nasa

Gurgaon District Court, Gurgaon