In laws lied about the girl's education qualification. What can i do?
I was married last month. The girl's parents told that she was educated but now we have realized that she is uneducated and doesn't even know ABCD. I do not wish to stay with her anymore. What can i do? Divorce or annulment or can i file any case on my inlaws?
You can get your marriage annulled by the court on the ground of fraud. Otherwise mutual agreement may work but it is outside the court.Generally on ground of concealment of fact or giving false information is equivivelant to fraud. In India irretrievable breakdown of marriage is not applicable but indirectly it has been accepted under section 13 B of Hindu marriage act. But it requires one year time period since marriage then only you can apply.
Advocate Pawan TyagiDistrict Court, Gurgaon, Gurgaon
You may be able to file divorce, on the grounds available under the law, though the ground mentioned by you may not be a ground for divorce. You may contact some good Divorce lawyer and seek some alternative grounds, based on your circumstances.
Advocate Vivek NasaGurgaon District Court, Gurgaon
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Right of children in parents property who died intestate
- Legal heir certificate / succession certificate
- Am I liable to pay property tax as i am only the tenant?
- Father filed suit for my eviction from the property now death
- During divorce case wife hacked my mails can I send her a legal notice