In laws harassing me for dowry. What can i do to protect myself?
I have been married for more than 6 years now and have been a victim of Dowry. From the very first day my in-laws have been demanding for Dowry. For the past 6 months this demand has been ever-rising. As I was about to report this, my husband vanished out of the scene. Soon I discovered that my Brother-In-Law had been protecting him by keeping him in his house.
I want to leave him but my family does not want me to take a divorce or even report this case. If things don’t work out by reporting the case & I would have to go back, it would only worsen the situation.
Do we have a way out of this?
The only option available to you is registering a criminal complaint against your husband or filing a petition for divorce or judicial separation.
You have a strong case in your favour and therefore we suggest that you should register a criminal complaint against your husband.
Apart from this you can approach a family member who can act as a mediator and try to resolve the issues either amicably or by exerting positive pressure on your husband and his family so that you can save your marriage with dignity.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Non Creamy Layer(Caste Certificate). How can i get it?
- We were asked to put date on the cheque,cheque bounced when deposited
- Property gifted by my sister. Can my sister's son challenge it?
- Is it safe to buy Inaam land
- File a complaint against mlm company fraud